Crisis Helpline: 763-591-0100
It’s not easy to ask for help…but when you do, we’ll be there
If you are experiencing any type of crisis and you need help: Call 763-591-0100.
No matter how hard we try, sometimes life can overwhelm us. If your family is experiencing a crisis and needs help, you can call our Crisis Helpline 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. We offer free services for parents/guardians and children living in Hennepin County.
What is a Crisis?
You the parent/gaurdian define your crisis. The Crisis Nursery believes a crisis is anything that keeps someone from being the kind of parent/gaurdian they want to be. Here are a few reasons parents and guardians have called the Crisis Helpline and asked for help:
- Emotional or physical exhaustion and in need of a break from parenting
- Medical or mental health concerns and the need for someone to care for your children
- Housing problems or the need for someone to care for children when looking for a place to live
- Domestic violence situations and the need for a safe place for children to stay
- Court ordered appearances and the need for someone to care for children
- For any of the above reasons or any other reason call the Crisis Helpline, 763-591-0100
Your Questions Answered
Q: How do I access your services?
A: Call the crisis line at 763-591-0100. A Family Advocate is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: All you need is proof of residence in Hennepin County and any prescription medications your child needs. We’ll take care of the rest.
Q: Can I talk to my kids while they are at the Crisis Nursery?
A: YES. We encourage parents to call and talk with their children during their stay at the Nursery.
Q: What if I don’t have transportation to get to the Crisis Nursery?
A: We will help you figure out the best way to get you and your family to the Crisis Nursery.
Q: Will the Crisis Nursery call Child Protective Services if I use the Crisis Nursery?
A: No. Use of Crisis Nursery services is confidential. However, Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery staff are mandated reporters and must call child protective services if they suspect child abuse or neglect.